Cisco Networkers Bahrain Goes Live! in 2011
Under the Patronage of HRH, the Crown Prince of Bahrain, Cisco Live! 2011 Bahrain Will Offer an Extended Program for an Even Bigger Event, Offering Richer Content
SAKHIR, Bahrain, November 8, 2010 - Following the success this year of the first Networkers Bahrain in the Middle East, which attracted more than 4,000 attendees live and online, Cisco will bring an even bigger networking forum to Bahrain next year - Cisco Live! 2011, which will be held under the patronage of HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al Khalifa, the Crown Prince of the Kingdom of Bahrain. Cisco Live! Bahrain joins a portfolio of annual Cisco® education and training events that span the globe, including events in the U.S., Spain, Mexico, Argentina and Australia.
Cisco Live! is Cisco's flagship event designed around Cisco Networkers, and its tracks help organizations recognize synergies between business strategy and technology. Developed in collaboration with the government of Bahrain, Cisco Live! 2011 will again take place at the Bahrain International Circuit (BIC) in Sakhir from 10 to 13 April 2011.
Highlights / Key Facts:
* Reinforcing its ongoing commitment to the Middle East and Bahrain in terms of supporting an accelerated and sustained growth in information and communications technology, Cisco returns to Bahrain in 2011 with an even bigger event, offering richer content. Cisco Live! will provide an essential platform for Cisco to engage with key players throughout the Middle East, Africa Levant and beyond.
* The Cisco Live! Middle East forum in Bahrain will offer four distinct programs, creating the perfect mix of high-level visionary insights and deep-dive technical education. It will be a three-day conference with the option to purchase an additional one-day Technical Seminar Pass for Sunday, 10 April 2011. More than 40,000 customer and partners attend Cisco Live! events each year (in person and virtually), and Cisco expects more than 4,000 attendees will participate in the Cisco Live! Bahrain.
* More than 20 countries will be represented at Cisco Live! 2011, from the kingdom of Bahrain, United Arab Emirates, Turkey and the kingdom of Saudi Arabia, as well as the Africa Levant.
* Keynote speeches will be delivered in the presence of, and under the patronage of, HRH Prince Salman bin Hamad Al-Khalifa, Crown Prince and chairman of the Economic Development Board, alongside Cisco CEO John Chambers. Additionally, programs such as "Meet the Executive", "Meet the Engineer" and "Design Clinics", plus the "World of Solutions", "Innovation Awards" and "VIP Partner Breakfast", as well as more than 200 sessions, will be designed following collaboration with Networkers 2010 attendee feedback and counsel.
* Cisco Live! events provide education and training to ICT professionals through compelling forums with in-depth technical demonstrations, networking opportunities and glimpses of current and future trends. The events offer unique ICT educational and networking opportunities that can enhance business growth. The global theme for Cisco Live 2011 is 'Knowledge Is Power.'
* Bahrain has created an environment in which technology can thrive via progressive regulation policies. As a result, Cisco's own regional ICT hub is located in Bahrain, in addition to its office in Bahrain Financial Harbor. Cisco believes events like Cisco Live! demonstrate the company's continued commitment to Middle East, its governments and key business leaders.